Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Springfield Weekend Getaway

Graden and I got a weekend away - just the 2 of us!

Graden's friend and fishing buddy got married a while back in Jamaica, and had a reception near their home in Springfield, MO so we headed thataway after Dayne's basketball game Saturday morning!

I had asked around to see if there was anything to do in Springfield (besides visit Bass Pro Shops - a staple for any visit to Springfield!) and it was suggested to have lunch at Lambert's Cafe - home of the "throwed rolls." After waiting for about 30 minutes (usually a no-no for Graden) we sat down and enjoyed a home style cookin' meal! It was very good and a different atmostphere! They really do throw rolls! They also come around with big buckets of various foods and ask if you'd like some. We sampled mac-n-cheese, fried taters, okra and of course the rolls! One of the oddest things about Lambert's was that they didn't accept credit/debit cards -- only cash and checks. Luckily I happen to have checks with me! I really don't know the last time I wrote a check!

After lunch we went shopping for a new sweater for me to wear to the wedding. Now that I think about it ... that may have been the first time Graden and I have ever been clothes shopping together (for me!). After a bit of shopping we headed to Bass Pro Shops ... a 'must do' when you're that close, right!

The wedding reception was entertaining. Since we really only knew each other (and Graden knows the groom, obviously!) we kind of kept to ourselves and did a lot of people watching. The highlight of the night might have been when a girl got down on the floor and did the worm! Ha!

Sunday we laid around a bit and then headed home ... a nice, relaxing getaway!

No comments: