Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Visit to Johnathan Aswegan


Iowa Roadtrip Photography

My best friend, Jennifer, had her first baby this past April and I couldn't be happier for her!  I took off work for a few days and headed to Iowa to spend some time with her and her lil' family!

I headed out Wednesday about noon and arrived at their house about 5:30.  Chris had prepared a wonderful meal - brats and chips!  It hit the spot!


While there, I told the new parents that I would get up with Baby John in the night so they could rest up!  Although she said that sounded good to her, I knew she'd still wake up when he did.  It's what new mother's do!  That night he only woke up once and was up for about an hour ... then slept til about 8:00 the next morning!

Jennifer made her and I coffee and blueberry & walnut oatmeal for breakfast - so delicious!  Shortly after breakfast, we all headed out to run some errands and grab a bite for lunch.  We went to a quaint little place called The Farmer's Daugher's Market for soup and salad and home made sweet tea and lemonade!  After a few hours of running around we headed back to the house for some rest and relaxation!

That night we invited Jennifer's friend Kayla "Fishy" Fish over for steak, salad and tater dinner and then headed out to a couple of local bars - the Wine Bar, Whiteys and The Three Finger Saloon.  All that fun and we were still home by 11!  Poor Baby John was kind of fussy for the first hour or so, but eventually settled down thanks to some great ol' country music and fishing shows!

That night Baby John slept til about 4am and was up til just after 5am, so he slept in pretty late Friday morning - which meant Jennifer and I did, too!  Friday we just stayed around the house for the most part, except we did go out to lunch to a friend of Jennifer's restaurant in Cedar Rapids.  Had a delicious Buffalo Chicken Sandwich! 

Friday night we laid low ... I cooked Bourban Salmon, mashed garlic taters (Jen's request!) and a salad.  We coupled our dinner with some good wine, of course!

The next morning I took off about 8am because I wanted to be home by 1:30 so we could head to Joplin for Graden's (2nd) cousin's high school graduation.

I loved my time with the Aswegan family and am very grateful for the time we got to spend together!  They are a beautiful little family and I am exctied to watch their family grow over the coming years.

No comments: