Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009


Dear Friends,

I am participating in the 11th Annual Dick Hiley/St. Jude Bass Classic to benefit St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital on May 2-3, 2009 in Wabasha, MN. I am contacting you to ask for your support of my participation in this cause to raise the much-needed funds for St. Jude.

St. Jude is the single largest center in the United States for research and treatment of childhood catastrophic diseases. When St. Jude opened in 1962, a child with leukemia had virtually no chance for survival. Today, thanks to the research at St. Jude, over 94 % of children with the most common form of leukemia, (ALL) will survive. St. Jude has treated children from all 50 states and around the world. No child is ever turned away because of the family’s inability to pay for the lifesaving care at St. Jude, which is why fundraising efforts like the Dick Hiley/St. Jude Bass Classic are vital to the success of the hospital.

On a personal note, this tournament is by far the most inspirational and unique event I participate in throughout the year and offers inspiration to all participating anglers. I frequently reflect while participating in this event on just how lucky I have been to have a blessed, healthy family and how frightening it would be to have one of my children face one of these catastrophic diseases. It does make me feel good that I can help ease the burden some these families face through my participation and the support of my friends and family.

If you would like to contribute to this great cause, please send you donation directly to me and I will collect those and submit them to St. Jude once a month up to the event. I wanted to get this early, as I know many us are running on a very tight budget, to allow you time to set aside few dollars for this great cause. This will also allow time for you to distribute this message to others you think may want to help St. Jude.

I will greatly appreciate any amount you can give to this great cause, BUT if you want a title it is going to cost you.

$25 will make you a Smallmouth
$50 will make you a Largemouth
$100 will make you a LUNKER!

But, as I said any amount will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much, and I wish all of you a safe, healthy and prosperous 2009!

Make checks payable to: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital

If it would be more convienient I can send you a invoice via PayPal.

Send to me:
Graden Hansen
2244 SW Morris Dr.
Lee’s Summit, MO 64082

No comments: