Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Girls Night Out on the Kansas City Plaza

The boys went hunting for the day/night so we girls hit the Plaza for some sight seeing and just a little bit of shopping!


I feel it's important to explain some of the main attractions in the KC area: The Plaza, Crown Center, Kansas City Power & Light District and Westport. All of these are in the same general vicinity and quite frankly, I don't get out enough to where I can distinguish them. That being said ... my intent was to head to Crown Center for the lighting of the Mayor's Christmas Tree at 5:30 ... but then it occurred to me as I was headed there .... I have no idea where Crown Center is. I really only know where The Plaza is ... and I know that two blocks either side of The Plaza is baaaaaaaaaaad news (think East Waterloo only Kansas City sized!). So I decided to just go with what I know and headed to The Plaza. I needed to go to the Apple Store anyway to see about getting Hunter's iPod fixed.


Dayne and I picked up her friend, Parker, about 5:00 and headed that way. While we weren't there for the lighting of The Plaza (it takes place Thanksgiving day ... and it turns out our American Idol David Cook was the one who flipped the switch - - wish we had been there!) all the lights were beautiful. Here is a picture of The Plaza with all the lights.


The Plaza was bustling with holiday shoppers! (Stimulate that economy, people!!). We spent about four hours there tonight ... just walking around, sight seeing and we stopped in for some Cold Stone Ice Cream .... mmmmm .... Never too cold for that! It was actually about 46 degrees, so it was a great night for a stroll!


Here are the girls at the Apple Store while I waited for Hunter's replacement iPod (still under warranty ... by 17 days!)!


We parked in the parking garage through Hall's department store and realized this was a problem when we walked back to the store, only to see the doors being locked. We parked in the garage and then walked through the store to get to The Plaza. I had no idea how to get back to the car! At that point I wish I had the GPS so I could have marked the coordinates! I knew it'd be a while before we were resting comfortably in the car! All along though, the girls and I were laughing ... it was funny after all! It only took us about 15 minutes to find the car ... but it reminded me of the Seinfeld episode when the lose the car. Funny. That happened to me in Vegas once, too. Needless to say, I am not much of a natural navigator (thus Graden bought me a GPS for Father's Day!).


After we settled into the ol' Caddy and were on our way we stopped off at the store for the girls to pick out a movie (I LOVE REDBOX!!!) and as I type this they are watching "Space Chimps."

Next time we have visitors I plan to take them to The Plaza ... I feel like I know my way around now!

No comments: