Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Got Motivated!

Get Motivated! Seminars came to Kansas City today and Beth and I went for the day long event! We were super excited to get motivated, get new ideas and to hear the speakers! Most exciting for me was Rudy Guliani and Colin Powell ... but all the speakers (about 10 in all) were great. It was a day long event that was jam packed with information!

It was a little different than I expected. It wasn't a "let's get moved and feel great about ourselves" kind of seminar; it was really more about empowerment.

Rudy spoke about leadership and recounted some of the events of September 11th and Colin Powell talked about his journey and his challenges. They were both very moving; it was surreal being so close to them!



One of the other speakers was Phil Towne, an investor educator (Okay, I made that title up). He spoke about the stock market and how easy it can be to understand when to buy and when to sell. Beth and I fell for their sales pitch for the weekend long seminar (it was only $99 for a two day seminar!). We will be spending all of next weekend at the downtown KC Marriott learning about stocks, options and when to buy and sell! I'm excited! I sent Graden a text message and told him 'I'ma make us rich, baby!'. He welcomed that! Wi$h me luck!!

No comments: