Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

Birthday

Today's Writing Prompt: Birthday
Describe a memorable birthday (yours or another's.)

I spent my 6th birthday with my grandparents in Orlando, FL. The memory of their house, the "forest" of a back yard (they had alligators every so often wander into their yard), and the huge spider we came across one day - - all so clear to me still.

I can still remember the dress I was wearing: white, with colorful horizonal stripes, and thin straps that tied at the shoulders. I can remember sitting Indian style on the living room floor, with my cake in my lap, blowing out the candles. I wish I knew where the Poloroid picture is of that day ...

Most of my happiest memories come from those spent with my grandparents. When I think of birthdays, I think of them (I spent a lot of my birthdays with them).

No comments: