Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Plaza Fountains, Flat Stanley and wow! did it get cold!

Kansas City is second only to Rome for having the most fountains. Above is The Fountain of Bacchus (it caught our eye because it's in front of The Cheesecake Factory!)

The kids and I went to The Plaza tonight to get Hunter's iPod exchanged (again, but boy am I impressed with Apple's customer service!!) and for Dayne to help her friend, Jilllian, with her Flat Stanley project. Below is Dayne posing with Stanley, showing where he has traveled!


On another note ... when I woke up this morning it was 60 degrees. I had the back door open while Dayne and I were baking, letting in fresh air. When we left the house just a little ove an hour later ... it was 45 degrees. Within 10 minutes it was 33 degrees! How about a gradual adjustment to this blustering weather, Mother Nature!!?!??!

Now, I know it's still warmer than in Waterloo, but still too cold for our liking! And our forecast doesn't offer much hope!

No comments: